Ministering to Detroit’s Eastside Since 1864
The beginnings of our church trail back to 1862 when Karl and Emilie Bock migrated from Germany to Detroit. The Bocks, who were zealous witness for their Lord, established fellowship with other German immigrants who were Baptist. On June 23, 1864, the group of nine believers was formally organized as a church. The early members met in homes until 1870 when a chapel was built at St. Aubin and Mullett. The church was known as the First Regular German Baptist Church of Detroit. Significant activities during the early years included tract distribution as a regular Sunday afternoon pastime, missionary work of students on the west side during summer vacation and the formation of a Women's Missionary Society.
Bulletin: Week of August 30
Morning Worship Service
Sunday, August 30, 2015
Dr. J. Robert Cosand
The Existence of God
Verse for the Week
"Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25
2015 Awana Starts Soon!
Missions Update: August 2015
Norm and Gwen Bowman
Global Outreach – Barcelona, Spain
FESTIVAL OF HOPE!
Franklin Graham Crusade in Barcelona, Spain!