Missions Update: June 2018
Missionary to Japan
(Currently on Home Assignment)
Dear Family and Friends,
God is at work all around us. As the earth springs back to life around us here in South Dakota, I am reminded of the new life we have in Jesus and the way He nurtures our hearts as we walk with Him.
Home Assignment Travels
Oh, the adventures and excitement of home assignment travels! I have traveled thousands of miles, enjoyed the hospitality of many, many people, reconnected with friends, made new friends, and been encouraged by the questions about Japan and prayers of God’s people for Japan. Thank you! One of my new friends in Detroit is Japanese so she translated into English for me while I shared in Japanese.
I have met new missionaries, Brandon and Marci Jones, connected with former missionaries, Florence Miller, Doug and Sharon Woyke, made pottery and met a student whose mom is Japanese, visited with many relatives around the country, too numerous to list. I have just a few church visits left and a family wedding to attend. Then, I will be packing my bags to head back to Japan.
Hit the Ground Running
I have a reservation to return to Osaka on July 2. Several events are planned for July at Komyo Christian Church. Yuri and I will be leading a Ladies’ Seminar in mid-July. At the end of the month we will be hosting a Gateway team from Washburn, ND. I met these youth when I attended NAB’s youth gathering last July with Kensaku and Hiroko Higashi. We are excited to get to share with them about life and ministry in Japan and introduce them to our friends there.
Thank you for continuing to partner with me as we walk with Jesus around the corner and around the world.
Soli Deo Gloria,
Shan in Japan
- Praise God for new life. What a blessing to witness baptisms at several of the churches I have visited recently.
- Praise the Lord for the faithfulness of my supporting churches and individuals.
- Praise God for the young people who are preparing to come to Japan.
- Praise the Lord that my mom has been able to travel with me for much of my home assignment.
- Please continue to pray for Komyo Christian Church, Paul and Melissa Ewing, Yuri Nakano, and Anointed Gospel Choir.
- Pray for the team from Washburn as they prepare physically and spiritually to visit and minister in Japan.
- Please pray for me as I prepare to return to Japan and jump right back into ministry, for heart and logistical preparations.